Chemical formula :C4H11NO2
Density:1.097 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
Appearance:Colorless viscous liquid or crystallization
CAS logon number :111-42-2
Packing: Galvanized iron drum package, 210kg/barrel. Sealed storage. IBC:900KG/IBC,Iso tank: About 23t/iso tank.
Diethanolamine, chemical agent, Chinese name 2,2 '- dihydroxy diethylamine, diethanolamine; Dihydroxyethylamine; 2, 2 ` - double the amino ethanol: DEA abbreviations. Colorless viscous liquid or crystallization. It is alkaline and can absorb gases such as carbon dioxide and hydrogen sulfide in the air.
The chemical properties of secondary amine and alcohol.It produces ammonium salt with acid, which is heated with high fatty acids to produce amide and ester. With fatty acid amide heated to above 110 ℃. It reacts with aldehydes to produce tertiary amine. Diethanolamine hydrochloride in 220 ℃ heating for a long time to generate morpholine dehydration. Glycol aldehyde and 2- amino ethanol were oxidized with sodium hypochlorite. Acetaldehyde and ammonia are oxidized with high iodate.
Diethanolamine is easy to absorb moisture, sensitive to light and oxygen.This product should be placed in a gas tight container in dry, cool and light - avoiding conditions.
1. It is mainly used for acid gas absorbents such as CO2, H2S and SO2, non-ionic surfactants, emulsifiers, polishing agents, industrial gas purifiers and lubricants. Aminodiethyl alcohol, also known as diethanolamine, is an intermediate of herbicide glyphosate. As a scavenger for gas, it is also used as a raw material for synthetic drugs and organic synthesis.
2. Morpholine and diethanolamine are intermediates in organic synthesis, for example, can be used to produce some optical bleaching agent in textile industry, morpholine fatty acid salt can be used as a preservative, morpholine can also be used to produce the central depressants pholcodine or as solvent. Diethanolamine is used as a reagent and gas chromatographic fixed solution in analytical chemistry. It can selectively retain and isolate alcohol, diol, amine, pyridine, quinoline, piperazine, thiol, sulfide and water.
3. Diethanolamine is an important corrosion inhibitor, which can be used in boiler water treatment, automobile engine coolant, drilling and cutting oil and other kinds of lubricating oil. It is also used as an absorbent for purifying acidic gases in natural gas. It is used as an emulsifier in various cosmetics and medicines. Lubricants in the textile industry can also be used as wetting agents and softeners and other organic synthetic materials.
4. Used as acid absorbent, plasticizer, softener and emulsifier in adhesive. It is also used as an absorbent for petroleum gas, natural gas and other gases, such as hydrogen sulfide, carbon dioxide, etc. It is the raw material of synthetic medicine, pesticide, dye intermediates and surfactant. An emulsifier for oil, wax, leather and synthetic fiber under acidic conditions. Used as a thickener and foam improver in shampoo and light detergent. It is also used as detergent, lubricant, brightener and engine piston deashing agent.
5. Used as silver plating, cadmium plating, lead plating, galvanizing complexing agent, etc.
6. Used as analytical reagent, acid gas absorbent, softener and lubricant, and for organic synthesis.
Method of health hazard: inhalation, ingestion and absorption by skin.
Health hazard: inhaled vapor or mist to stimulate respiratory tract. High concentration inhaled cough, headache, nausea, vomiting, coma. Vapors have a strong irritant/liquid or fog that can cause severe eye damage and can even lead to blindness. Prolonged skin contact can cause burns. A lot of oral nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
Chronic effects: prolonged and repeated exposure may cause liver and kidney damage.
Respiratory protection: when the concentration in the air exceeds the limit, it is recommended to wear a respirator.
Eye protection: safety mask can be used.
Protective clothing: wear overalls (made of anticorrosive materials).
Hand protection: wear rubber gloves.
Other: smoking, eating and drinking are prohibited at work. After work, shower and change clothes. Pre-employment and regular physical examinations.
Skin contact: remove contaminated clothing and rinse immediately with flowing water.
Eye contact: immediately lift eyelid and flush with flowing water or saline for at least 15 minutes. Or rinse with 3% boric acid solution. Seek medical advice immediately.
Inhalation: quickly disengage from the scene to fresh air. Artificial respiration if necessary.Go to a doctor.
Ingestion: gargle immediately, and drink milk or egg whites. Go to a doctor.
Extinguishing method: fog water, carbon dioxide, sand, foam, dry powder.
Leakage emergency treatment:
Evacuate the personnel from the contaminated area to the safe area and prohibit the non-personnel from entering the polluted area and cut off the fire source. It is recommended that emergency workers wear gas masks and chemical protective clothing. Do not contact the leakage directly, to ensure the safety of the leak. Use sand, vermiculite or other inert materials and collect them for disposal at waste disposal sites. It can also be washed with a large amount of water, which is diluted and washed into the waste water system. If a large amount of leakage, collection and recycling or harmless disposal.
Toxicity: low toxicity.
Hazardous characteristics: exposed fire, high heat and combustible. React with strong oxidizer. The amine pyrolysis releases the toxic nitrogen oxide smoke.
Combustion products: CO, CO2, NO.
Stored in a cool, ventilated warehouse. Keep away from fire and heat. Packing seal. It should be stored separately from oxidants and acids. Equipped with corresponding variety and quantity of fire equipment. The storage area shall be equipped with emergency handling equipment and suitable receiving materials.
Hazard label ：Xn
Hazard class code: R22-38-41-48/22
Security description: S26-36/37/39-46
Dangerous goods transport code: 3267
WGK Germany : 1
Packing Group : II