Chemical formula :C6H6O2
Appearance:White needle crystal
CAS logon number :123-31-9
Packing: 25 kg/bag with inner plastic bag.
White needle crystal, see light discoloration. It has a special stink. Soluble in hot water, soluble in cold water, ethanol and ethyl ether, slightly soluble in benzene, toxic. Hydroquinone is exposed to bright fire, high fever, and strong oxidizing agent, which is released by high thermal decomposition
1. Mainly used as a photographic developer. Hydroquinone and its alkyl compounds are widely used in monomers storage and transport, and the commonly used concentration is 200ppm.
2. Used as an antioxidant for rubber and gasoline.
3. In the field of treatment, hydroquinone is added to the hot water and cooling water of the closed-circuit heating and cooling system, which can reduce the corrosion of the water side metal. The hydroquinone is added to the boiler water to remove the residual dissolved oxygen.
4. It is the raw material for making anthraquinone dyes, azo dyes and medicines.
5. Used as corrosion inhibitor, stabilizer and antioxidant for detergents, and also used in cosmetics.
6. The photometric determination of phosphorus, magnesium, niobium, copper, silicon and arsenic, etc
Caution of storage：
1. Stored in a cool, ventilated warehouse. Keep away from fire and heat.
2. Packing requires sealing, not in contact with air. It should be stored separately from oxidant, acid, alkali and edible chemicals.
3. Equipped with corresponding variety and quantity of fire equipment. The storage area shall be equipped with suitable materials for receiving the leakage.
Skin contact: immediately remove contaminated clothing and rinse with plenty of flowing water.Go to a doctor.
Eye contact: immediately lift eyelid and rinse thoroughly with water or saline for at least 15 minutes.Go to a doctor.
Inhalation: quickly disengage from the scene to fresh air.Keep airway clear.If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.If breathing stops, do artificial respiration immediately.Go to a doctor.
Feed in: 15 ~ 30mL of vegetable oil immediately.Vomiting.Go to a doctor.
Hazards mark: Xn, N
Hazard type code: R 22-40-41-43-50-58-68
Safety instructions: S 26-37-39-61