Chemical formula :C4H10O
Density:0.803 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
CAS logon number :78-83-1
Packing: Galvanized iron drum package, 170kg/drum. Sealed storage.
Colorless, transparent with special smell hygroscopic liquid, slightly soluble in water and is easily soluble in ethanol and ether. Flammable and irritating
1. Used as the material of organic synthesis, also used as a solvent, senior.
2. Used as reagent for chromatographic analysis reagent, solvent and extracting agent.
3. Used to make gasoline additive, paint, plastic, synthetic rubber, food additives, pesticide intermediates and synthetic drug, etc
Skin contact: Remove contaminated clothing immediately, Rinse with plenty of water and soap.
Eye contact: Lift eyelid and rinse with flowing water or normal saline. Seeing a doctor.
Ingestion: Drink plenty of warm water, vomiting, seeing a doctor.
Inhalation: Escape to the fresh air, give oxygen or artificial respiration if necessary, seek medical treatment.
Accidental release measures:
Rapid evacuation of personnel to the safety zone, quarantine. The leakage source should be cut off, prevent into the restricted space such as drains and drainage channels.
Small leakage: Use activated carbon or other non-combustible materials to absorb, also with lots of water and dilute it and put it into the waste water system.
Large leakage: Building a diking or digging hole，cover with foam. Use pump transfer to tank or special collector to recycle or transport to waste disposal site.
Extinguishing agent: Anti-soluble foam, dry powder, water spray, 1211 extinguishing agent, sand soil.
High concentration of steam has a stimulating effect on the eyes, skin, mucous membrane and upper respiratory tract.
1. Close operation, pay attention to ventilation. Operators must be specially trained to strictly observe the operating procedures.
2. Store in cool, dry, ventilated storage, keep away from fire, heat source. No smoking in the workplace
3. With explosion-proof ventilation systems and equipment, stored separately from oxidants and acids, avoid mixing storage.
4. Prevent damage to the packing and container, Empty container residues.
5. Provide corresponding varieties and quantities of fire equipment, with leakage emergency treatment equipment and suitable shelter materials.
Hazard label ： Xi
Hazard identification ：R10; R37/38; R41; R67
Secure note ：S13; S26; S37/39; S46; S7/9
Transport number. : UN 1212 3/PG 3