Chemical formula :C4H10O3
Density:1.118 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
CAS logon number :111-46-6
Packing: Galvanized iron drum package, 230kg/drum. Sealed storage.
Colorless, transparent, odorless, no mechanical impurities wih hygroscopic viscous liquid, has a spicy sweet taste, non-corrosiveness. Can be mixed with hydroethanol, ethylene glycol, acetone and chloroform. It is not miscible with ethyl ether, tetrachloride, benzene and disulfide. Found in tobacco and smoke, inflammable and low toxic.
Technical indicators: diethylene glycol ≥99.60%, ethylene glycol ≤0.10% and ethylene glycol ≤0.10%.
1. It is the intermediate of some chemical products.
2. Used in aqueous solution analysis to analyze oxygen-containing compounds (especially alcohol), aniline, fatty amines, etc.
3. Used as antifreeze, brake oil, diluting agent, diluting, gas dehydrating agent, extractant, desiccant, insulator, softener, etc.
4. As solvent of printing ink, tobacco, textile, dyes, rubber, resin, fiber glass, lubricants and other industries.
Skin contact: Remove contaminated clothing immediately, Rinse with plenty of water.
Eye contact: Lift eyelid and rinse with flowing water or normal saline. Seeing a doctor.
Ingestion: Drink plenty of warm water, vomiting, seeing a doctor.
Inhalation: Escape to the fresh air, give oxygen or artificial respiration if necessary, seek medical treatment.
Accidental release measures:
Rapid evacuation of personnel to the safety zone, quarantine. The leakage source should be cut off, prevent into the restricted space such as drains and drainage channels.
Small leakage: Use sand, vermiculite or other non-combustible materials to absorb, also with lots of water and dilute it and put it into the waste water system.
Large leakage: Building a diking or digging hole. Use pump transfer to tank or special collector to recycle or transport to waste disposal site.
1. Close operation, pay attention to ventilation. Operators must be specially trained to strictly observe the operating procedures.
2. Store in cool, dry, ventilated storage, keep away from fire, heat source. No smoking in the workplace
3. With explosion-proof ventilation systems and equipment, stored separately from oxidants and acids, avoid mixing storage.
4. Prevent damage to the packing and container, Empty container residues.
5. Provide corresponding varieties and quantities of fire equipment, with leakage emergency treatment equipment and suitable shelter materials.
Respiratory protection: Wearing a gas mask, wearing a self-contained breathing apparatus in emergency.
Eye protection: Wear chemical safety goggles.
Body protection: Wear anticorrosive coveralls.
Hand protection: Wear chemical protective gloves.
Other protection: Avoid long-term and repeated contact with regular physical examinations.
Hazard label ：T，Xn，Xi
Hazard identification ：R22
Secure note ：S46/S36