Chemical formula :H(OCH2CH2)nOH
Density:1.27 g/mL at 25℃
Appearance:colorless viscous liquid;
CAS logon number :25322-68-3
Poly(ethylene glycol)PEG 400
Packing: Galvanized iron drum package, 25kg/barrel. Sealed storage, No special precautions indicated. Store at room temperature.
This product is colorless or almost colorless viscous liquid;It's a little stinky.Polyethylene glycol series products Low molecular weight, it can cause esterification, alcohol, oxidation, acetaldehyde, dehydration, etc
1. PEGs widely used in various pharmaceutical preparations, such as injection, local preparation, eye preparation, oral and rectal preparations.
2. PEG at the solid level can be added to the liquid polyethylene glycol to adjust the viscosity for local ointments.
3. PEG mixtures can be used as suppository matrix;
4. The aqueous solution of polyethylene glycol can be used as a suspension or to adjust the viscosity of other suspension media.
5. PEG and other emulsifiers are used to increase the stability of emulsion.
6. In addition, PEG is also used as film coating agent, tablet lubricant, controlled release material and so on.
Eye Contact: Check for and remove any contact lenses. In case of contact, immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Cold water may be used. Get medical attention if irritation occurs.
Skin Contact: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient. Get medical attention if irritation develops. Cold water may be used.
Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. If large quantities of this material are swallowed, call a physician immediately. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband.
Handling and Storage:
Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood.
Ground all equipment containing material. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust. If ingested, seek medical advice immediately and show the container or the label.
Keep container dry. Keep in a cool place. Ground all equipment containing material. Keep container tightly closed. Keep in a cool, well-ventilated place.
Combustible materials should be stored away from extreme heat and away from strong oxidizing agents.
Hazard label ：Xi ，T
Hazard identification ：R23-24-25-36-38-52-53-33
Secure note ：S26-36-24/25-61-45-/37
Hazard transport code ：UN2810 - class 6.1 - PG 3 - EHS - Toxic, liquids, organic,