Chemical formula :C24H44O6
Density:1.08 g/mL at 20 °C
Appearance:Light yellow liquid
CAS logon number :9005-65-6
Packing: Galvanized iron drum package, 200kg/barrel. Sealed storage.
Polyoxyethylene dehydrated sorbitol monooleate, or polysorbate -80. This product is amber oil liquid, easy to dissolve in water, soluble in ethanol, vegetable oil, ethyl acetate, methanol, toluene, insoluble in mineral oil. It is gelatinized at low temperature and recovered after heat. It's smelly, it's bitter. It is helpful to disperse phthalocyanine green.
Twin-20 is lauryl ester; Tween -60 is stearate; Tween-80 is oleate, all emulsified.
This product is widely used in oil extraction and transportation, medicine, cosmetics, paint pigment, textile, food, pesticide. In such aspects as detergent manufacturing and metal surface rust cleaning used as emulsifier, dispersant, stabilizer, diffusion agent, lubricant, softening agent, antistatic agent, anti-rust agent, finishing agent, viscosity agent and so on.
1.It is used as an emulsifier, wetting agent, osmotic agent, dispersing agent, etc., and also used as the component of the oil agent for the filament and viscose curtain. Used as an emulsifier in polyurethane foam production. The food industry is used as an ice cream emulsifier with a consumption of 0.1% butter and about 1% in general oil.
2. Used as solvent, dispersant, anti static agent, stabilizer, lubricant, etc.
3. Gas chromatographic stationary liquid for the separation of alcohols, ketones, esters and the separation of fatty acids and hydrocarbons.
4. Make O/W type food emulsifiers, and use them separately or in combination with the company disc -60, disc -65, and disc -80.
5. This product has excellent emulsification, dispersion and wetting performance. In the food industry, the turbidity of ice cream, bread, pastry, confectionery and other emulsifiers, dispersants and cool drinks.
6, also widely used in cosmetics, textile, pharmaceutical industry as a solvent, also widely used in textile, paint, emulsion explosive, pesticides, printing, petroleum industry, such as emulsifier, stabilizer, lubricant, softening agent, anti static agent.
Note: (1) the hemolytic effect is weakest with twin-80.
(2) when the water solution is heated, it can produce turbidity, which is clear after cold and does not affect the quality.
(3) it can interfere with the function of antibacterial agent in solution.
It can be used safely for food.
Stability and storage:
The surface active agent of twain was stable and stable to electrolyte, weak acid and weak base. The strong acid strong base will gradually saponify;
The oleate is easy to oxidize and the storage time is too long to produce oxides. Peroxide, heavy metal ions, temperature rise, light irradiation, water solution self-oxidation accelerated, polyoxyethylene chain fracture, hydrolysis to produce fatty acid. Tween 80 aqueous solution was stable at pH 3 ~ 7.6, with the lowest hydrolysis rate. Twain shall be stored in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place.
Hazard label ：Xi
Hazard class code: R22-36/37/38-41
Security description: S26-36/37/39-46
WGK Germany : 1
TSCA : yes